Wilmington, Delaware Yesterday
A Visit to Wilmington Before 1975
Page 2, Go back to: Page 1 Page 3
Two photos of a Military Train taken from the 4th Street Bridge
over the B & O Railroad, 1940 (2 photos from HAR personal collection)
Left: This photo was taken at the Bancroft Pkwy., Motor Vehicle Dep't. looking towards
J. E. Rhoades (left), Diamond Ice & Coal Co. and Hubers Baking Co., 1952 (HAR personal collection)
Right: Photo taken at the Rodney Street Park showing the 'Tower' in the background (Submitted by J. Pasquale)
Left: 8th & Market Streets, 1949
Right: "Patton 48" Medium Tanks at Chrysler Tank Plant, Newark, 1952
Left: DuPont pedestrain bridge
Right: King Street Market
Above 5 photos are of Angelo's Towing, 306 E. 4th Street, early 1950's (Submitted by C S Gale)
Market Street, North & South from 6th Street (Submitted by Joe Johnston, October, 1970)
Store front - Leeds Bond Clothe's, 511 N. Market Street (Submitted by Joe Johnston, October, 1970)
Left: New Castle Ferry Docks
Right: Pleasant Hill Drive-in (Submitted by Dave Woodward)
Wilmington Ball Park, 30th Street & Gov. Printz Blvd.
Left: WNRK Radio Bldg., Walther Road
Right: The Plastered Tree on Rt. 52 (Provided by Peggy Stewart Snyder)
Four photos of the Homoeopathic Hospital which later became the Memorial Hospital, 1500 block, Van Buren Street.
Two views of the Chuck Wagon on Kirkwood Highway
Additional views of the Chuck Wagon
Sammy 'Big Nose' Lutrzykowski, Newspaper Salesman
Six photos from the opening day of the Delaware Memorial Bridge, August 16, 1951
Five photos from the final day of the New Castle - Pennsville Ferry's
Left: Ralph Pryor (bottom) and William Pryor on steps hand rail leading up to the top of Rodney Street Park (1942)
Center: Almart sign, Kirkwood Highway (1960's)
Right: Red Barn Restaurant sign, Kirkwood Highway (1960's)
Delamore Dairy Truck
Left: Electric Hose & Rubber
Right: Speakman Co.
Return to Page 1...
Return to the HomePage...
Revised: September 24, 2012